- Click on the ' Edit ' menu with the mouse or press ' Alt '+' E '.
- Click on ' Preferences ' or press ' E ' to open the preferences dialog box.
- Click on, or use the arrow keys to select the ' Font ' heading underneath the ' Appearance ' category. If you cannot see the Font heading, you may need to expand the Appearance category. Do this by either double clicking on Appearance, or selecting Appearance with the arrow keys and pressing the right arrow key. (See Fig 1).
- Use the mouse, or the ' Tab ' key, to navigate to the ' Proportional ' drop down box.
- Press up or down and then ' Enter ' to choose the font you wish to use, or use the mouse and click on your chosen font. A proportional font is one in which the letters are of varying widths, like this paragraph. You can either choose Serif or Sans Serif.
- Once you have chosen the default proportional font, you can set the default size. Press ' Tab' or use the mouse to click in the size box immediately after the proportional font. Press up or down and then Enter, or use the mouse, to choose the font you want.
Depending on what proportional font type you chose, you will probably need to set the specific font you want under the relevant typeface groups drop down menu, to do this:
- Click on the drop down box next to ' Serif' and click on the font you want or press ' Tab ' until the drop down box is highlighted and then press the ' up' or ' down' arrows to select the font you want to use and then press ' Enter '.
- Click on the drop down box next to ' Sans-Serif' and click on the font you want or press ' Tab ' until the drop down box is highlighted and then press the ' up' or ' down' arrows to select the font you want to use and then press ' Enter '.
- Click on the checkbox ' Allow documents to use other fonts ' to uncheck the box or press' Tab ' until the checkbox is highlighted and then press ' Spacebar ' or make sure the box is unchecked.
- Click ' OK ' or press ' Enter ' to return to the page you were viewing.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings cannot be changed due to local IT policies - contact your local IT support for further help.